Pierre Kakiz doesn’t only make music but he also believes the purpose of his life is to heal other people and would like to make a difference in the world by utilizing his music and also want people to feel like they can turn to his discography when in need.
He said :
My passion for astrology made me want to write this song. I would like to dedicate it to anyone who has their Venus in the sign of Virgo and/or any Virgo placements in their astrological chart.
This is such a personal and vulnerable song to me and I have lost count of the amount of tears I have shed while listening back to it.
I wrote it in hopes of educating the world on what it is like to become romantically involved with a [Venus in] Virgo.
I’m hoping it can act as a safe haven for Virgos if they ever feel misunderstood or all alone . .
Don’t ever forget. . .
You are enough and worthy of love.
This was the words from multitalented Pierre when asked about Venus Meets Virgo. Pierre had more to share in a recent interview with mister Styx of musicarenagh. Get the full story below.
Follow Pierre Kakiz on
What is your stage name
– My birth name, Pierre Kakiz!
Is there a story behind your stage name?
– My surname was passed down from my father while I was given my first name by my amazing auntie. She used to study in France in her younger days and fell in love with French culture and just felt like ’Pierre’ was more fitting. Had she not chosen my name then my parents would have named me Samuel, after my grandfather.
Where do you find inspiration?
– Generic answer but – My life. The experiences I’ve been through, the heartbreak I’ve felt. . . the fantasies I escape to.
What was the role of music in the early years of your life?
– It was and still is what makes me feel whole and complete. It feeds my soul and acts as an escape mechanism from the world we live in.
Are you from a musical or artistic family?
– My grandfather (mum’s side) enjoyed storytelling & sang a bit, but my uncle is a very talented singer. My uncle has always been very supportive of my music career and has always encouraged me to chase my dreams, which I am so so grateful for.
Who inspired you to be a part of the music industry?
– My influences; Mariah, Whitney, MJ, Luther Vandross, Michael Bolton, Stevie Wonder.
I’ve always had a natural affinity and passion for music but seeing them being respected and rewarded for their craft made me want to do it even more.
How did you learn to sing/write/to play?
– I’m self-taught for the most part but had some basic vocal training when I was a teenager.
I have added an ingredient from every single one of my influences to my own concoction to create the me I am today by emulating them.
What was the first concert that you ever went to and who did you see perform?
– The first and only concert I’ve been to was the incomparable Ms. Lauryn Hill at the O2 Academy Brixton back in 2014. This will sound very contradicting coming from a music lover but I don’t enjoy going to concerts. I get anxiety from being in large crowded and cramped environments, especially whenever I am unable to clearly see an ’’escape route’’ . .
How would you describe your music?
– Healing. I intend, wish, as well as hope, that my music can resonate with the world and act as a healing tool. This is my purpose in this lifetime. I would like to make a difference in the world by utilizing my music and I want people to feel like they can turn to my discography when in need.
If you need a good cry, a pick me up, let out your anger/angst, set the mood etc please know that I’ll always be here for you.
Describe your creative process.
– Honestly, it varies! Most often I draw inspiration from personal experiences and/or observations. Sometimes I see/hear a specific phrase/word and be like ’’hmm I’d like to write something including/revolving around this’’. Occasionally a concept etc just pops up in my head as if it was divinely guided. I’m a melodic writer and prefer establishing the melody before moving on to the lyrics.
What is your main inspiration?
– Knowing that my music will help others and myself heal. Just the pure intentions of my final aim.
What musician do you admire most and why?
– My influences mentioned above. They just step on stage and sing/entertain. No gimmicks, no theatrics – just being enough by having the freedom of being able to be yourself and let your raw undeniable talent do the job.
Did your style evolve since the beginning of your career?
– My vocal technique and confidence has definitely improved over the years.
This was intentional as I want to be respected as a vocalist and be remembered for my talent(s) when I eventually leave this earth.
Who do you see as your main competitor?
– Myself. I do not compete with anyone else but myself. The more you compare yourself to others the more defeated you’ll feel, from my own personal experience. Everyone has a different journey and a purpose in this life. God/The Universe will make sure that you end up where you belong, eventually. This is what I have faith in.
What are your interests outside of music?
– I am a very spiritual individual. My faith has been very important to me since a young age and I have always been in tune with my emotions and intuition and have always trusted the bigger forces. Additionally, to this I am always on the path of self-improvement [I am on a quest to perfect myself] in order to become the best version of myself in all aspects of my life.
If it wasn’t a music career, what would you be doing?
– Probably an astrologer/spiritual worker of some sort. I have accumulated enough knowledge about astrology and am able to tell you a lot about yourself and your future without having ever met or knowing you just by looking at your astrological chart.
What is the biggest problem you have encountered in the journey of music?
– Shortage of funds and a professional support system. I am not managed/signed and do everything myself.
One part of me is kind of secretly wishing to find a Celine and Rene type of connection – partners in both love and business haha!
Lastly, to be completely transparent. . . my lack of belief in myself. I probably shouldn’t admit this but at the end of the day we’re all human and it’s a fleeting emotion triggered by my inner demons. I’m a firm believer that honesty is the best policy – it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.
If you could change one thing in the music industry, what would it be?
– I would bring it back to basics. Raw and distinguishable talent should be the main factor when deciding (signing) what acts to push to the general public rather than popularity/figures. If a talented act has the right machine/forces behind them then ’’success’’ will only follow naturally, in my eyes at least.
Why did you choose this as the title of this project?
– I am equally passionate about astrology as I am for music. My venus sign (venus in your astrological chart is your love language) is in the sign of Virgo. This is the most challenging placement to have when it comes to love and romance. I wrote it in hopes of educating the world on what it would be like to get romantically involved with someone who has this placement and/or any Virgo placements. We often feel like we aren’t good enough and undeserving of love. I hope it can act as a safe haven for us [Venus in] Virgos whenever these thoughts resurface and reassure us that we are not alone.
What are your plans for the coming months?
– To continue on my path on becoming the best version of myself as an artist/singer/songwriter.
Do you have any artistic collaboration plans
– I’m always looking to expand my network by finding likeminded and equally passionate people in the music industry. If you happen to come across this interview and like my work please hit me up and let’s create some magic together!
What message would you like to give to your fans?
– Thank you for your loyalty and for believing in me, even in my darkest hours and absent times. I don’t know what the future has in store for me but I’m so so grateful to anyone and everyone who has taken time out of their day and spent their energy by listening to my music in this vast world consisting of tons of artists. My love and gratitude for you is endless and immeasurable. Thank you.💜