Accra, October 3, 2016: A Kumasi-based rapper, Amerado, will from October 1, enjoy a free promo package from DM Network as part of the company’s initiative to give upcoming artiste the platform to sell their innate music abilities to the world for the month of October.
Amerado had this opportunity after he beat off stiff opposition from equally good artistes including Lokal, Kwame Baah, Kekeli Musiq and Papa Elliot in a project which started as a mini award scheme by DM Networks’ co-founder David Mawuli and received massive support from industry players who share in the dream and believe in the future of Ghana music.
The rapper who is signed onto Mic Burnerz record label will enjoy publicity on Radio, TV, newspapers and online throughout the month of October with the hope of him getting him the needed audience both in the country and abroad.
Speaking to the co-founder of DM Network, David Mawuli on the brain behind this initiative, he mentioned that it has always been the dream of his outfit to provide a wider platform for up and coming artistes since they are the future of Ghana music.
“Promoting up and coming artistes has always been my dream. I believe they are the foundation and the future of the music industry so we need to support and nurture them. All the Sarkodie, Kwaw Kese, Edem, E.L, AJ Nelson, Ohemaa Mercy, Bisa Kdei, and other top stars we are seeing today will one day fade away, and it’s these young guys who would replace them so we need to support them.”
He divulged that he doesn’t need anything in return. “I expect the success of the winner in return. I personally don’t need anything in return. If the artiste becomes the first Ghanaian to win Grammys, it’s for Ghana not me,” he said.
Although he could not guarantee that the artiste will join the mainstream music industry after a whole month of free publicity, he believes that “it is a stepping stone for him and he can move higher from here”.
Asked whether the competition has come to stay or not, a coy David Mawuli said “I am still thinking. Planning to do a quarterly competition but can’t promise. Let’s see what tomorrow will bring”.
Here is the full package to be enjoyed by Amerado Burner.
1. Publicity on Georgebritton.com, Loudsoungh.com, Ghanaweb.com, Berniceblog.com, Hellogh.com, Pulse.com.gh, Ghanafuo.com, Thinkghmusic.com, Afroholic.com, Ghanablaze.com, Bigx.com.gh, Mediahomegh.com, Playlistgh.com, Ghanakasa.com,Musicarenagh.com and Bjrlivefm.com.
2. A radio interview on ‘AM Pluzz’ show on Pluzz FM and ‘Daybreak Hitz’ show on Hitz FM
3. Interview on ‘The Base Africa’ airing on Viasat 1 and ‘Gist Box” which airs on TV3.
4. A space in Flex Newspaper
5. YouTube channel creation and monetization by Menta Music
6. Two mastered tracks and recording at Black Eagle Studios
7. Collabo with Opanka , music video for the song and 3 months airplay on Fiesta TV
8. Brand image advice for 3 months to the winner
9. Airtime for 30 days sponsored by GhanaAirTime.com
10. Events promo by Purlieu and Twenty Plus Ghana
11. Gigs and online influence by EoD Music
12. A 2-page official website and 1-year hosting by Davos Ban
13. Reward from Guru’s manager Ray Moni
14. GHC 100.00 for 10 cartons of water donated by Jada Portia Arthur-Dadah
15. Facebook hype from Obee GH, Bilal Larry, & Kwabena Darko Da Blues.
E.L’s Production and Publicity coordinator Soraya Opare- Riley will coordinate and make sure the package is well executed.
Author: Offei-Akoto Ayeh