Lip colour can also vary from person to person, just like skin tone. No shade of skin on the lips is healthier than any other or superior in anyway. However, a change in the colour or condition could indicate that your lips need extra care.
There are a number of causes of dark lips
1. Increased exposure to the sun causes an increase in production of melanin in your skin. This exposure causes pigmentation, which could lead to dark lips.
2. Certain products like toothpaste, lipstick, etc, may cause an allergic reaction on an individual which may also cause hyperpigmentation in your lips.
3. Melanosis, a major cause of dark lips caused by excessive smoking. This is a pigmentation issue common among smokers.
Here are some ways to lighten your lips
Coconut oil. Using your fingertip, take a very small amount of coconut oil and gently apply it evenly over your lips. You can do this multiple times during the day and also before you go to sleep at night.
- Olive oil. Before bed, massage a few drops of olive oil onto your lips.
- Lemon juice is well-known for its ability to lighten skin. Rub a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice on your lips before bed each night. Rinse off in the morning with warm water. Also, in order to make it more nourishing, you can mix lemon and honey together and apply it to your lips at night.
- Cucumber juice. In a blender, juice half a cucumber. Cool the juice in the refrigerator. Once the juice is cool, dip a cotton ball into it and use the cotton ball to gently apply the juice onto your lips. Leave the cucumber juice on your lips for about 30 minutes, then rinse off with cool water.
- Pomegranates can help to restore the natural colour of your lips. Crush a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds and then mix with milk to create a thick paste. Rub the paste onto your lips and rinse it off after 2-3 minutes. Discontinue if irritation occurs
- Strawberry. Make a paste by mixing together five crushed, medium-sized strawberries and 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Gently apply this paste to your lips at bedtime, then rinse off with cool water the next morning
- Potatoes contain “catecholase,” a naturally occurring enzyme that is best known for reducing darkness and the appearance of scars. Rub a slice of potato on your lips before bedtime. Wash your lips with warm water in the morning.
Entertainment freak || Facts only ||
Mechanical Engineer by profession, i guess i can do blogging part time right? Right, there we go, thats where it all started